Thursday, May 7, 2020

Spring Cleaning

I haven't done my spring cleaning yet. What am I waiting for? You may ask. What else is there to do when I am sheltering in place during the pandemic of COVID-19? Well, nothing. Absolutely, nothing.

My beloved husband tried to inspire me by washing windows last week. They look wonderful, I will add. I have noticed the dust is getting thicker everywhere but I haven't addressed the issue. I got started by getting the step stool out and dusting the high shelves in my office. I even have been thinking about reorganizing my books by color, as I clean. But, I haven't done it yet. Maybe today. Yes, I think I'll get going today.

Where does the dust come from anyway? Humans must create dust. I noticed that when our basement sat empty for several months it never got dusty. But as we started using it the dust accumulates. Even inside cupboards that have glass doors, the dust filters in and settles on all my little sheep. So I have spring cleaning to do. I feel more like cleaning when the sun is shining. But then I also want to be outside and enjoy the sun. What a dilemma!

Since it is still early, I've decided to definitely work on my office today. I might let you know how I get along. I feel inspired to make progress today. Thanks for encouraging me.

"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you. In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues," (Psalm 31:19-20 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment