Thursday, July 9, 2020

Reminders of The Great Shepherd

I could write a dozen blogs on sheep from different perspectives, and I probably have. But there are many more to be written about sheep, about shepherds, from God as the shepherd, Jesus as the shepherd, from us as the sheep, and many more. It is hard to choose.

Although I no longer have a barn full of sheep to view, I still have a house full of sheep statues that serve as reminders to me everyday: reminders of Jesus, God, and that I'm a sheep to my Great Shepherd. I love sheep.

"The Lord is my Shepherd," (Psalm 23:1 NIV).

I have a shepherd's crook standing in the corner of our bedroom though there are no longer sheep to herd, because it reminds me of the Great Shepherd.

"Then the Lord said to him (Moses), "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he replied. The Lord said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it." (Exodus 4:2-3 NIV).

Moses soon learned that he had a valuable tool in the staff that he held. Because God gave him the power to impress his people as a leader.

The man with the staff is the shepherd who enters the sheep pen by the gate. The sheep recognize the shepherd as the one who cares for them and loves them.

"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep," (John 10:1-2 NIV).

I wish I could hand each of you one of my sheep to keep as a reminder of God's love for you. He sent His Son to save you and Jesus gave His life for your salvation. Let this reminder fill your day.

"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd," (Mark 6:34 NIV).

God bless you with Jesus' compassion and love today.



No comments:

Post a Comment