Thursday, July 30, 2020

Goodbye July

I can't believe it is the end of July. I used to measure the summer months by sheep shows and fairs but not this year for anyone except the exhibitors. I'm so glad the FFA and 4H kids were able to take their projects to be judged this year. Hopefully the county fairs went well and without any COVID-19 problems.

Blooms on flowers and vegetables from the garden are another way to tell how summer is flying by. We got our first red tomato this week and several others are turning pink. That seems like the end of July. Except for needing more rain, I can't complain about July or summer weather. It seems like we have had more warm weather and sunny days that usual. And I've loved every minute of it.

"What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short," (1 Corinthians7:29 NIV).

How true for us older folks, especially. Time passes faster the older I get. I'm thankful for every day. July has been a blessing to me that John and I could walk everyday. We walk 2.5 to 3 miles once a day together, then usually John walks another 2-3 miles.

Thank you July for your sweet corn and flower blooms, for ball games and sunshine, for green beans and cucumbers and delicious fresh tomatoes.

May I enjoy every day you give us, Lord. Thank you for your gift of time. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment