Monday, August 3, 2020

New Compassions

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him,” (Lamentations 3:21-24 NIV).

This scripture was probably the inspiration for the Thomas Chisholm song, “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” written in 1923. “Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided – Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!”

Those words are still true. Every morning I experience God’s new mercies in my life. Days are blessed with God’s compassion toward me, even when I don’t deserve it. Rarely do I pause and reflect on how blessed I am. How much compassion God has shown me each day.

One good way to be aware of God’s compassion is to make a list of five blessings God put in my life today. It is a great way to end the day and put me in the right attitude for a peaceful rest. 

Maybe you can try it tonight, too. You may be surprised at how long your list may be. Praise God for His faithfulness and His compassions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment