Monday, August 31, 2020

Amazing Life

Our resident hummingbirds have been especially hungry of late. They are very active and at our feeders almost all day long. I don't know my bird facts well enough to know what it going on but I am enjoying watching the action.

I am amazed at their tiny bodies made for such active lives. Their long beaks are perfect for accessing nectar from flowers or feeders. Their tiny wings flutter so fast they are almost invisible. God's creation skills are perfect.

It isn't just hummingbirds that are a miraculous design. Every animal has individual skills and abilities that make them able to do their own role in life. I'm amazed at the number of dogs and their different breeds as they walk through our neighborhood. They are so different yet they all walk with their owners, at varying degrees of ability. Some are tall, or short, long-haired or short-haired, solid coats or multi-colored. I love the way they look around and smell around, keeping their owners at attention.

Then I think about all the different species of animals and I'm even more amazed at God's creations. Giraffes, gorillas, elephants, tigers, lions, bears, oh my, alligators, mountain goats, sheep, cows, pigs, horses, monkeys, buffalo and so many more animals just amaze me in the detail of their bodies and their lives.

"Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive through out the earth, (Genesis 7:2-3 NIV).

Thank you God for your plan for life on this planet.  Thank you for the animals you have placed here and the birds that fly. Thank you for all the individual people who bless me in many different ways. Your Creation is amazing. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment