Thursday, August 13, 2020

Finding Strength

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint," (Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV).

Do you ever have a day when you feel weak and tired? When I wake up I can tell if I have enough energy for the day or if it is going to be a lazy kind of day. I never feel motivated to take our daily walk but when I get started I'm glad I did it. A cup of coffee will get me going sometimes and other times I just need to pray for God to strengthen me. With all the aches and pains that my body has, I need a bigger boost from God to keep me going.

I know there are others who have much more to keep them down and they never complain. I wish I could be more like them. I must give praise that I only have arthritis in one hand. Only one hip is sore and only my lower back aches. I give thanks for all that God has blessed me with and I receive hope and inspiration from the verses in Isaiah.

Read through those verses once again and allow them to touch your situation. May you find hope fills your heart and gives you strength for today, tomorrow and each day after that. God bless you.

#625

No comments:

Post a Comment