Monday, September 14, 2020

Beautiful Days

Beautiful days bring me closer to God. I can see clear to heaven when the sun is shining bright and there are no clouds to block my view. God is so good to bless us with sunshine, especially after five days of rain. A person can get plenty grumbly without the sun for that long. I need the sun and thank you, God, we have had lots of sunny days this summer.That is probably one thing that has helped us all get through these days of COVID-19.

"Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain. It is beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth," (Psalm 48:1,2a NIV) 

I want to sing His praises when it is perfect weather like this. My whole soul sings that God is worthy of praise! 

But what about last week when it rained all week. Yes, I want to praise God then, too. It might be a little harder to get started, when it is gloomy and gray, but then I consider how badly we needed the rain and I rejoice to God for ending (at least partially) the drought. And I watch as the plants reach toward the sky, soaking in the raindrops so happily. Yes, everyday is a day to praise our Father above.

Thank you, God, for this beautiful day. Thank you for the sunshine and the rain, for the clouds and the mist. Thank you God for watching over us day and night and for providing all that we need. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment