Monday, September 21, 2020

Birthdays

Happy birthday sister! One of my three sisters has a birthday today. I hope she has a wonderful day. With COVID-19 birthdays have been less than delightful for many. We've seen lots of yard signs to celebrate kids and significant adult birthdays this summer. And I'm sure some families have continued to gather for parties. But others have had to downplay the events due to the virus.

Today is also significant because my mother was buried on this day 21 years ago. It wasn't a good birthday for my sister that year either. Though the family was all together, we weren't celebrating her birthday. Birthdays are just like that sometimes. They happen every year and some years the birthday just gets slighted for one reason or another. As I get older I don't want a celebration for some birthdays. This year was one of those years. I turned 65 and got Medicare. Oh boy. That was something to celebrate.

When you are little birthdays are a really big deal. It seems like the world revolves around those birthdays. And when you are six or 10 that is a big deal. Presents are pretty important at that age. When you are older and have everything you need, presents aren't necessary.

I'm thankful for every birthday you have and I'm glad God's truths see each of you through every year.

"The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore," (Psalm 121:7-8 NIV).

Happy birthday, Burneta. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment