Monday, October 26, 2020

Anniversaries

"Rejoice in the Lord always I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV). 

I'm thankful to have 47 years with my husband today. It seems amazing that it has been that long already. But when I look back at all we have been through it doesn't seem possible that we packed so much into only 47 years. 

We started out with nothing but wedding gifts and a new mobile home. We each had jobs but I'd spent my last $50 to buy John's wedding ring. Our wedding was so simple compared to these days. Just a cake and punch reception in the church basement, before rushing off to start our 3-day honeymoon in St. Louis. We packed a lot of driving and touring into those hours and I remember feeling out of place in our fancy hotel; just 18 and 20 year-olds braving the cold, cruel world together.

Now, life is good. We are both retired and able to spend our days as we choose. God has blessed us greatly with a wonderful family, a comfortable home, good health, and the peace of God. Our reality is far better than I ever dreamed of as an 18-year-old. I'm so thankful that we have grown together in our faith during these years.

Thank you, God, for the blessings. I Rejoice!


No comments:

Post a Comment