Thursday, October 22, 2020

COVID-19 Week 31

Life is continuing to be a new adventure that is becoming old. Masks are the norm, outside of our homes. We don't go out except for necessary errands like grocery shopping. A few Zoom things have returned to in-person meetings with masks and social distancing, including church as of last Sunday.

Our family is experiencing the risks and advantages of using airlines during COVID-19. So far trips during the pandemic have been safe for us. This week we are glad to have our daughter-in-law and two grandchildren visiting from Virginia! Yeah! It is so wonderful to have time with them. 

We are enjoying watching the kids deal with their virtual learning classes and assignments. I now understand how much work it is for mothers or fathers who help their students work online. There are network issues, program issues, log-in issues, motivation issues and more. It is challenging and hard work. I have great respect for all parents working through these times.

It is also interesting to see what subjects second and fourth graders study these days. They are so smart! I've been away from school days too long. The teachers have very challenging days. I'm amazed at the creativity they need to keep their students interested and engaged. Kudos to all parents and teachers!

"We will tell the next generation the praise worthy deeds of the Lord...which he commanded our forefather to teach their children, so the next generation would know them," (Psalm 78:4b-5b NIV).

I still have teaching to do as a grandmother. I ask God to give me the words I need to say, the opportunity to speak, and understanding from my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment