Monday, January 4, 2021

Be Glad

My heart is full after spending a week with family in Virginia, including four of our grandchildren.  It was a time of great joy, fun, games, laughter, and tears as we left yesterday. It's so hard to say goodbye. Yet, I must remember the good times and hold them in my heart until we see them again.

I am glad that: we had a safe trip, everyone stayed healthy, and our son Brent took care of the snow for us here in Iowa. I am glad that the weather in Virginia was mild so we could take walks several days that it didn't rain. The sound of laughter still rings in my ears from the kids playing together, having a great time. Our daughter-in-law Laura fixed us delicious meals everyday; feeding eight people for nine days is no small feat! Our son Brady was able to be home most of the days and spent time playing games with the kids and playing pool with anyone who would join him for a game.

It was a wonderful time of togetherness and just spending life with each other. The time was so valuable; I will treasure it always in my heart. 

"In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."" (Isaiah 25:9 NIV).

Truly we are glad that God sent a way for us to be His family with salvation earned only by Jesus Christ on the cross. He died for each of us so we could be saved when we trust in Him. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment