Thursday, January 14, 2021

Only You

I was looking at my hands the other day and noticed how the veins stood out so boldly. My right hand has become bent and my little finger doesn't do what it is supposed to anymore due to arthritis. It makes typing a challenge sometimes! I have a double-jointed thumb on my left hand and the middle finger on my right hand has a callous where I hold my pen or pencil. My hands aren't very pretty.

What are the characteristics that make you you? I get freckles on my arms when I've been out in the sun. I have blonde/gray hair and blue eyes. I have a pointy chin and my once straightened teeth are beginning to revert back to their crookedness. My eyes require help from glasses to see. I get bruises and have no idea what created them. I have a bad right hip and a bum right knee. I'm an individual. So are you.

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26 NKJV)

God created each of us to be individuals. We have our own characteristics that make us who we are. There is no one else like you anywhere, unless you have a twin. 

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:10 NIV).

What does God have planned for you this week? Something only you can do or say? He has planned it in advance for us to do.

Lord God, Guide my actions and my words today. Tell me what you want of me this week and how I can use my individuality to do Your good works, works that only I can do. In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment