Thursday, January 7, 2021

Do Not Fear

As we enter this New Year we are still facing the pandemic dangers all around us. We can't spend our lives in fear for God is with us through everything we face. Yet, sometimes our minds take control and lead us down wayward paths of fear and anxiety. It is a human impulse to fear the unknown. Life is different when we have fear and anxiety. We struggle to stay safe, yet our minds can run rampant over the dangers and troubles and problems.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10 NIV).

When I fear something, often it is fear of what may happen to a loved one, I turn to prayer. I pray that God will watch over my loved one and give great care to them, or make them well again. Even if the result I desire doesn't happen, I am close to God and feel His presence with me so I can better handle whatever happens.

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you," (Isaiah 41:13 NIV). 

As you go through your day, I pray God will be beside you, no matter what you fear. He will help you and strengthen you. Our God is so good. May He bless you today and leave you without fear. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment