Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails," (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV).  

This scripture is popular at Christian weddings and a wonderful reminder of what love is all about and what it isn't about. Love is honest and true. Love is pure of heart and true of mind. Love is always comfortable and warm. Love brings happiness to the soul.

All the years I was working John sent me flowers on Valentine's Day. People would come by my desk just to see what he sent that year. They were always beautiful and extravagant and a reminder of my one true love.

John and I started dating in September of 1972. John was persistent. I wasn't so sure but he quickly won me over with his confident ways. He drove a sharp gold Mustang that made a lot of noise. I could hear him drive a mile away. We got engaged at Christmas time and were married the next October.

John is patient and kind. He is not rude or easily angered. He celebrates the truth and always protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres. His love never fails. I'm so blessed.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment