Monday, August 8, 2022

Work of Our Hands

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands," (Psalm 90:17 NIV). 

I have learned a lot about using hands in the past year and a half, since I started trying to find answers to the mess my right hand is in. Wearing three, now four different splints I have had very limited use of my hand to somewhat complete use of the fingers. I've discovered how important my hands are to getting things done.

We use our hands for typing, sewing, cooking and stirring, buttoning buttons, buckling belts, combing hair, washing hair, blowing our nose, driving a car, dusting, watering plants, taking pills, opening door knobs, washing windows, opening cans and jars, reading a book, turning on a light switch, carrying groceries, pushing a grocery cart, opening a vegetable bag, peeling potatoes, cutting up vegetables, cutting meat, picking flowers, slicing tomatoes, making the bed, washing hands... that is enough examples. You get the idea.

 Our hands are important accessories to our bodies and are often taken for granted - until you don't have use of them. I certainly appreciate my hands more than I used to. 

Thank you God for our hands. Help us to use them for good works with Your favor. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment