Thursday, December 1, 2022

December Thoughts

I'm feeling very old these days. My graduating class is working on our 50th reunion for next year. I can't believe we are this old. Where did the years go? For many there were years of schooling; then years of raising children, then teens, now adult children; years of working hard; then grandchildren; then finally retirement.

Life flies by even as we are thinking it'll be forever to retirement. All of a sudden we look back and we are here. We are left with books of photographs and computers full of pictures. So many memories gathered in our minds, yet memories begin to fade.

Arthritis is our constant companion. We have the prospect of new knees, hips and even knuckles. Now that we have time to do things, we may not feel like doing them. Life is fleeting. Every minute is valuable.

Even though our bodies are older and less mobile for playing football or getting down on the floor with grandchildren, our hearts and minds are full of cherished memories from a lifetime of living.

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you," (Isaiah 46:4 NIV). 

Thank you, God, for being our constant companion through all of life, and even now as we reluctantly enter the December of our years. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment