Thursday, November 9, 2023

Blue Eyes

While I recently went through my annual eye exam I noticed a promotion for contacts that change the color of your eyes. It caught my attention because I've often wished my eyes were as bright blue as my grandchildren's eyes. Mine are a dull gray-blue color.

God creates each of us from scratch. There is no one else like you. He formed us in our mother's womb with a complete plan for our lives. Instead of wishing I looked like someone else or had her hair or eyes or flat stomach, I need to embrace my own characteristics and thank God for them because I am uniquely made.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be," (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV).

I'm sure I will continue to admire others' characteristics that I don't have. But I know that God created me to be as I am, so in His eyes I am better than okay. I'm His. 

Lord God, Thank you for making us all individuals, with uniquenesses. Only You can be so creative. Help us accept ourselves and love ourselves every day. We are in awe of You, Lord, and we lift our hands in worship and praise to You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment