Monday, November 27, 2023

So Thankful

I am still filled with thanksgiving following a wonderful weekend with family. There were so many moments of joy! Ending with the excitement of our youngest granddaughter running through the yard playing in the snow at 7 am before they headed back to Arkansas. She braved the cold just to spend time in the snow. She hadn't seen much snow since they left Iowa several years ago.

There was a lot of laughter and fun. Grandpa taught the grandchildren how to play a card game called Wizard. Then there were games of Trivial Pursuit and Scattergories, as well as the second annual Stewart Thanksgiving Race down the road in front of our house. Payton was the winner by a hair in front of Mark and then Graham. There was a creative afternoon when four of the grands made gingerbread houses. On Thanksgiving day six Stewarts went to fill bags for Meals from the Heartland. 

So much to be thankful for! So many blessings! Having the whole family together for Friday was wonderful. There was plenty of good food and great conversation. A time of gathering and reconnecting was a joy.

The house seems a little too quiet now, but my mind is swirling with new memories. and I'm so very thankful.

"Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live," (Psalm 146:1-2 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment