Monday, November 13, 2023

What's On Your Calendar?

What does your calendar look like? I'm feeling the pressure of our family's Thanksgiving dinner looming in the distance. I don't want to wait too long to move the turkey from the freezer to the refrigerator. The menu needs to be finalized and the final grocery list made. I like to see blank spaces on my calendar but there aren't many coming up.

In reality most of the things on my calendar won't take that much time out of my days as long as I get organized and use my time well. I can do two things at once: I can make a salad while I watch my soap opera. (No, that's not on my calendar.) I can plan my day's agenda while I do aqua fitness.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV).

Thank you, God, for hearing my prayers, even when I am having my own little pity-party. Give me the energy I need and help me use my time efficiently. I will start my days by spending time with You, then the rest of the day will go better. Thank you for Your peace and Your love. I pray in Jesus' holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment