Monday, April 15, 2024

Do Not Be Shaken

"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken," (Psalm 16:7-8 NIV).

 Life doesn't always go the way we plan it. 

We encounter bumps in the road that make life difficult. The only way we make it through is by prayer. Sometimes I wake up early, even before the alarm goes off and my heart is heavy. I slept but I awaken with the burdens I had the night before. Did I fail to let go and let God take over? Even in my sleep I held tight to the concerns I prayed about the night before.

My worries are out of my control, yet they weigh so heavy on my heart. How do I accept what I do not want? How do I move on in a situation that is not of my choosing?

Jesus sits at the right hand of God. God sent the Holy Spirit to work in us and through us. Jesus promised this while He was teaching the disciples.

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid," (John 14:26-27 NIV).

Lord, I need Your peace today. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and give me counsel. Remind me of Your promises and give me Your peace. Help fix the trouble I feel in my heart and help me be not afraid. I give You my praise and my worship, Lord, and I trust in Your counsel, today and every day. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment