Monday, April 22, 2024

Mercy and Light

Mercy is compassion shown to an offender; pardon, tenderness and gentleness. It is such a wonderful gift, freely given by God. We are so blessed to receive mercy from God and from others. 

Peter wrote to Christians everywhere to encourage them in their faith. We all need that sometimes.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy," (1 Peter 2:9-10 NIV).

I need mercy as I am going to be in seclusion for a couple of weeks. My immunity is low so I am susceptible to illness. John is finishing his radiation treatments for cancer. I already brought home a sinus infection but I can't risk exposing John to more so I am staying away from people until he is finished with his treatments. I won't be fulfilling my commitment to volunteer at our church. I need mercy. I feel very bad to let people down.

Things happen in life that we don't expect or plan for, but God has called us out of darkness into His wonderful light. What an uplifting verse!  May we hold on to the Light that guides us and gives us mercy.

Lord God, we thank you for this morning light that leads us out of darkness. We thank You for Your Son, our Light. We thank You for sending Your Son to be our Savior and for the Holy Spirit that is our constant help and counsel. Be with us today and bless us with Your mercy. In Jesus' name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment