Monday, April 1, 2024

In His Hands

"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;" (Isaiah 49:15b-16 NIV). 

On Easter Monday we still rejoice in our Risen Savior because He remained with His disciples and walked on the earth again for forty days before His ascension. He is alive! His hands will forever bear witness of the nails on the cross. Jesus carries the scars in His hands, His feet, on His back, and in His side. There is no denying that He was crucified on a cross and was laid in a tomb. He left the grave on the third day and lives again!

Jesus' resurrection was foretold many times in Old Testament Scriptures, even in some of the Psalms that David wrote. It was God's plan for Jesus, but also for us. We, too, have the promise of eternal life. As believers we will live forever with Him.

"Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand," (Psalm 16:9-11 NIV).

Lord, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to save us from our sin. We are so grateful for the wounds Jesus bore for us and the scars that remain in His hands. Help us to live our lives forever in His hands. We pray in our Risen Savior's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment