Thursday, April 4, 2024

Finding Hope

"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more," (Psalm 71:14 NIV). 

Over the past few weeks, my prayer list has gotten longer and longer. There are so many in need. My heart is heavy for those who are suffering, anxious, waiting for healing, enduring treatments, or grieving. We have to have hope to get us through.

But sometimes it is hard to have hope. Our fears get in the way. Our hearts are lonely for those we miss. We feel crushed by the weight of our burdens. We get impatient and want answers and results right now. 

Our Risen Savior is our hope.  In Him we put our trust and lift our hands in worship. In Him we have true hope. Who can rise from death to life? But Jesus. Who can give us the hope of the indwelling Holy Spirit to lead us and save us from ourselves? But Jesus. Who can sit at the right hand of God? But Jesus.

In Him we have our hope.

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again," (Psalm 71:20-21 NIV).

Oh, Blessed Lord God, we ask You to hear our cries for mercy, for forgiveness, for grace and comfort today. Touch our aching hearts and give us Your hope. Replace our concerns with solid trust in You. Hold us close, Lord, so we can feel Your presence and rest in Your arms. In You we find our hope. Thank You, Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment