Thursday, June 27, 2024

The Lord's Favor

We are nearing the halfway point on our calendars. June is coming to an end. Summer is here and with it there is heat. Already I feel like summer is slipping away too quickly. I must pause and appreciate every day as it comes. 

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor," (Isaiah 61:1-2a NIV).

Time's passing reminds me to count my blessings. There is a contemporary song out by Seph Schlueter that I just love, called "Counting My Blessings" written by Jordan Douglas Sapp/Jonathan Conrad Gamble/Seph Schlueter.

"It's like it was yesterday I was a praying for a miracle Scared to have a little hope And now looking back today Seeing all the things You've done I can't even add them up; One, two, three Up to infinity I'd run out of numbers Before I could thank You for everything; God, I'm still counting my blessings All that You've done in my life The more that I look in the details The more of Your goodness I find Father on this side of Heaven I know that I'll run out of time But I will keep counting my blessings Knowing I can't count that high; And I know the seasons never lost forever So God, I will remember All of the reasons my heart has to be grateful All the times You've been faithful to me... I will keep counting my blessings Knowing I can't count that high."

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor," (Quoted by Jesus in Luke 4:18-19 NIV).

Holy Father, thank You for this day before us. Open our eyes to the many blessings You favor us with: the beauty of nature all around us, the family and friends who fill our lives with meaning, the talented artists who create music and art that touches our hearts, the faithful who have gone before us - directing us down this pathway of faith, our Christian mentors who stand side-by-side with us - keeping us accountable and sharing their wisdom and strength, each day You set before us in our lives. Thank You, Lord, for sending Your Son to live and die and rise again for us - proclaiming the year of the Lord's favor. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment