Thursday, June 6, 2024

The Rainbow Covenant

"And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature after you, a covenant for all generations to come; I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth," (Genesis 9:12-16 NIV).

God gave us a beautiful sky last night after an hour or so of showers. The rainbow. The picture doesn't capture the colors as brilliantly as they appeared. The whole sky seemed to have an aura of pinks as the sun set, peeking through the clouds. 

My Bible dictionary/concordance defines the rainbow as "colors formed by the refraction and reflection of the sun's rays in raindrops or water vapor".

I can't imagine what Noah felt when the first rainbow appeared over the desolate earth. It must have been an awe inspiring sight. It still is. It represents God's faithfulness to us all.

God is good. All the time. We know we can trust in Him no matter what we are going through. God is with us. Leading us through life. And sometimes He gives us rainbows to remind us of His glory.

Thank You, God, for being our trustworthy, Holy, Father. Thank you for keeping Your promises and upholding the covenants You have made. Thank You for the rainbows You send to us. And thank You for sending Your Son to give us a way to live with You eternally. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment