Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Day of Kindness

"Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart"(Proverbs 3:3 NIV).

Kindness warms the heart through and through. Sometimes the smallest efforts can be the biggest blessings in life. A friendly note or a warm hug or touch on the arm can change the day into one worth remembering. A pleasant phone call, laughter shared, a sweet smile and a passing hello, are all little sparks of magic that can change the mood. Taking time to play a game or cuddle can bring a smile to the face and warm you.

Some friends from church were driving by one day as I was parked in a lot unloading my groceries. They stopped so the teenage son could load my heavy bag of dog food for me. That made my day. A surprise gift of a sheep picture suddenly appeared on my work desk and I never did find out who the sweet one was. I still cherish that plaque and wish I could thank that person for the kindness. A special homemade gift is given and it is sharing a part of yourself.

It doesn't take much time at all to surprise someone with a bit of kindness. What can you do for someone else today that will turn their day around. The store clerk who wears a frown; the bus driver who has had a bad day; the UPS driver who drops off a package; the doctor who has been rushing all day; they all need a bit of kindness to lift their day. Will you be the one to do it?

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience" (Colossians 3:12 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment