Monday, May 18, 2015

Coming Home

I heard a delightful tune outside my window today. The wren has returned to the birdhouse. We have three wren houses and usually there are wren families in each of them. I don't really know if they are the same birds each year but I like to believe they return home. They are such small birds, I can't imagine how far they fly to winter over. It's another example of God's amazing creations.

The wren's song is so loud and strong for such a tiny bird. It reminds me that I should be singing praises when I am at home also. It is such a blessing to have a home to feel comfortable in. Yet, this isn't our real home, heaven is. That is when I will really sing the praises to God, as the wren does, when I reach our eternal home. That's when joy will exceed all other emotions, and we can celebrate being at home with Jesus.

"Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands" (2 Corinthians 5:1 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment