Monday, May 11, 2015

Pen and Paper

"I have much to write to you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink. I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face" (3 John 13-14 NIV).

I love pens, pencils and paper. All kinds, sizes, and colors of paper. And all shapes and types of pens and pencils. I have a cupboard filled with paper. Everything from plain old copy paper to delicate stationary, reams of all purpose paper, notebooks, note pads, note cards, sticky notes, envelopes and a shelf of journals that I love.

I have drawers filled with pencils, good old #2 pencils that need sharpening, mechanical pencils of all colors with erasers and various sizes of lead. Then there are pens, too. Multiples of my favorite writing pens in black and blue ink. There are a few red pens and another drawer full of felt tip calligraphy markers in a rainbow of colors.

Perhaps it is because I'm a writer that I love these items so much. They are the tools of my trade. An extension of my being that allow me to take all my thoughts and transfer them to paper where I can say in writing all that is ready to be spoken. Pens, pencils and paper allow me to express, profess, expound and portray the silly little thoughts that go through my mind. Happy writing to you.

"My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king. My tongue is the pen of a skillful writer" (Psalm 45:1 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment