Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Keep on Learning

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near" (Matthew 24:32 NIV).

We're never too old to learn something new. Learning keeps us young and vibrant. It makes us grow and keeps our mind fluid and active. It opens new doors to adventures and insights. Learning gives us energy and delight.

For the next three days I'll be attending a Christian Writers Workshop where I plan to learn more about writing. I'm always amazed by the knowledge that the published experts share with the attendees. Their experience and writing skills help mold their spoken words with such rich teaching that plants new learning in each attendee. Their encouragement is like water from a sprinkling can, touching the hearts of listeners.

I wondered if I should even attend the workshop this year. After all I'm retired and I only write sporadically in addition to the twice-a-week blogs. I've attended it twice before and I still have much to learn. Each of the speakers offers new insight to the world of writing, with his/her own perspective on the written word.

It is my prayer that God will use this workshop to inspire and direct my future work to be in His will. I pray that my ears will be open to hearing what God wants me to hear, and my eyes be open to what God wants me to see. All so I can write what God wants me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment