Monday, June 29, 2015

To Do Lists

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." (James 1:22 NIV).

I have an unwritten "to do" list for today that is quite long. At the top of the list was writing my blog. The problem is that I didn't know what I was going to write about today. My thoughts are overwhelmed by something I don't want to write about. The Supreme Court Justice's recent decision. It is too controversial for me and I don't want to upset anyone. But that's a cop-out.

I can't stand by and pretend I'm okay with the decision to make all marriages legal. The Bible says homosexuality is wrong. It is black and white; it's a sin. But I sin, too. I'm no better than any other person. I have my own issues to deal with so I'm not interested in knocking on any doors and judging. My heart aches for parents who have children who have made the homosexual choice for they too must be overwhelmed and confused as they struggle to uphold their faith and love their children. It doesn't get any harder than that.

I have several homosexuals whom I consider friends. I don't affirm their choices but I love them as children of God. I know that God loves everyone, no matter what their sin. And I'm thankful that He accepts me as the person I was created to be. I don't understand why some people struggle with this choice. I believe that our country was founded on faith in God but I see government swaying from that foundation.

The world isn't what it used to be, but we aren't called to be in the world. We are called to love others as Jesus loves them. We are called to live out a life that Jesus would have lived. He loved all sinners but did not love their sin. That's the road I choose to walk. I'm going to continue to love those who choose a different life and dislike their sin. God will deal with us all on judgement day and His judgement is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment