Monday, June 1, 2015

Mornings

I'm a morning person. I've always been most productive in the early mornings. I write my blogs in the morning. I start my chores in the morning. I used to walk in the very early mornings. I would go to work early when I had extra work that needed to be completed. It's calm in the morning. It is quiet in the morning. The birds sing their sweetest songs in the morning. The sheep are calm and restful in the morning.

"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5 NIV).

There is nothing better than awakening early enough to catch the sunrise; God's morning masterpiece in full color. It is a fresh, new day to enjoy with a clear perspective on the world. A clean slate, a new page, an unused day filled with hours, minutes, and seconds, unlike any other. Carpe diem, seize the day, and use it to glorify the Lord.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." (Lamentations 3:22-24 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment