Monday, February 20, 2017

Trusting With All My Heart

"'I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,' declares the Lord," (Jeremiah 31: 34 NIV).

What would it be like if every person believed in God and had a personal relationship with Christ? That is an interesting concept that stretches my brain to even consider how the world would change if that was the norm for all of society. It would even be mind-blowing if every person who professes to be a Christian lived a life in daily communication with God.

I try hard to follow Jesus every day, walking hand in hand with Him, with varying degrees of success. Some days are better than others. Do I have God's law in my mind? I believe so. Has God written His law on my heart? I believe He has. I am His people. He is my God. I know the Lord and I love the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my mind.

"'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'," (Matthew 22:36-39 NIV).

As one of the "least of them" I am humbled to claim my God's Word as truthful promises for me and my family. I cling to the promise, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it," (Proverbs 22:6 NIV). I pray for God's help in being an example of Christ to my grandchildren. I seek the Lord's direction for the decisions I make and I listen to His prompting throughout the day and night.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight," (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).

Lord God, I acknowledge You as my personal Savior and I trust in you with all my heart. Give me Your understanding for the future and make me walk on the straight and narrow all the way to Glory Land. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment