Monday, June 26, 2017

Blog Number 300

If you noticed that I didn't blog on Thursday, you should win a prize. It's been a stressful week with a "fishing scam" attack on my computer, several days without it, and the hassle of changing passwords and reinstalling all the programs. So it meant the delay of Gloria's Glimpses Blog Number 300. That really doesn't seem like a very big deal. It amounts to approximately 255 pages and 109,983 words over three years. I'd hate to admit how much time went into each blog. I'm amazed that a person can actually write a complete book in a month or even less!

My goal in writing this blog has never been to use as many words as possible or to see how fast I can fill the page. Instead, I hope to create a piece of inspirational work that touches a heart with the love of Jesus. I hope that you, the reader, receive a bite of deliciousness to savor throughout the day; that you will be wrapped in the arms of Jesus when you return to your daily tasks. I'm sure I've missed the mark many times. I cannot hope that every blog will touch every reader but I do hope you can at least occasionally connect with a message or find a scripture that truly speaks to your heart.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps," (Proverbs 16:9 NIV).

Every day I am amazed in what God brings to mind, how He directs me to scripture, to a memory, or to a new concept in His Word that evolves into a devotional message. He knows what you need to hear today and God will make it happen through someone. I'm so blessed that sometimes God chooses me as a tool that reaches out to repair a broken notion, uplift a sad heart, or encourage a spectacular idea in someone else.

Lord, show me Your will and Your way for all that I do today. Lead me in Your service to others and fill my mind with Your good Word. Amen.

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed," (Proverbs 16:3 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment