Thursday, June 18, 2020

Doing Good Works

Yesterday I gave platelets at LifeServe Blood Center in Urbandale. They know me and I know all the faces there, even with their masks on. They are a wonderful crew and they are kind and thoughtful. It is their job to make each donor feel comfortable during their experience. I always do. Yesterday it wasn't very busy when I arrived but when I left there was a line coming in. That makes me glad. I know summertime can be slow for them.

What surprised me was the number of people giving blood during the pandemic. It seemed busier than normal and I know now people are donating their blood after having COVID-19 for research.

I have been donating for many years. It is one thing I can do for the community. It is my way of volunteering. I feel blessed that my health is such that I can give blood. Not everyone can. But there is almost always a need. I encourage anyone who is able to make an appointment or volunteer in another way.

"Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives," (Titus 3:14 NIV).

We all have gifts to use and can be kind, compassionate and caring to others as Jesus asks of us.

"For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:10 NIV).

Blessed is this day. Go and do good and be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment