Monday, June 15, 2020

What Makes You Shiver?

There is a little two-year-old boy across the street who loves garbage trucks. Every pick-up morning his mom or big sister brings him out to the front step where they sit and watch as the big truck gets closer and closer. The little boy shivers in excitement.

When is the last time you shivered in excitement? Our neighbor set off a fireworks show in our backyard a couple years ago and I remember sitting with my granddaughter watching the beauty explode in the sky. We shivered. Our granddaughter Paige rode into the State Fair pavilion carrying the United States flag; her horse's tail flowing in the breeze. I shivered.

I know I would shiver with excitement if my North Carolina grandchildren walked through the door.

Can you imagine the shivering going on when the eleven disciples gathered with the recently Arisen Jesus and heard Him say:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been give to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age," (Matthew 28:18-20 NIV).

Thinking about Jesus and His love for us makes me shiver. I need someone like that to love me and never leave me as He has promised to do. He is with us always. I shiver. May today fill you with experiences that make you shiver in excitement or delight. God is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment