Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thankful For Grandchildren

My greatest joy comes from my grandchildren. The gift of becoming a grandparent is a highlight in life. All of our babies have now grown up ranging from 7 1/2 to 22 years old. Although I long for babies to hold I am delighted to watch our grandchildren grow and become individuals with smart minds, wise thoughts, strong bodies, beautiful faces and independent ideas.

I have photo albums full of pictures of them all as babies. I always had my camera handy when they were around. They grew used to seeing grandma behind the camera and they still aren't surprised when I bring out the camera and order them to be seated.

Paige got the most pictures as the first grandchild but none of them are lacking. I delighted in the first smiles, the first rollover, the first food, first steps and first sheep shows. At least they all got a chance at the family hobby.

I'm so proud of them all: Paige, Calvin, Payton, Bailey, Graham and Piper. It is so much fun to see them interact together, though that doesn't happen too often now that Graham and Piper live in Virginia.

As grandparents we strive to be a good example for the grandchildren and we pray that they will become followers of Jesus for all of their lives.

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them," (Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV).

Thank you God for grandchildren. May You keep them safe and bring healing to Paige and Calvin who both have COVID-19. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment