Monday, November 23, 2020

Thankful For Jesus

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19 NIV).

This story is one of the first I learned in Sunday school along with a song, "I Will Make You Fishers of Men." It taught me to follow Jesus with my own life. I'm still touched by the faith of the fishermen that Jesus took under His wing and nurtured with His own life practices. When I was little I wanted to be one of those fishermen who got to know Jesus personally. I wanted to walk with Jesus and become like Him. I'm so thankful for Jesus and the change He has made in my life over all these many years. Jesus is my Leader, my Teacher.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven," (Matthew 5:14-16 NIV).

This is another story I learned in Sunday school and it also came with the song, "This Little Light of Mine." It taught me to be a light to others with my own life.  I'm thankful for my Sunday school teachers who taught me the basics of faith. I'm still trying to shine my light with Jesus' light within me. Jesus is my Light, my Guide.

"Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way." (Luke 19:1-4 NIV).

This is yet another story I learned in Sunday school along with the song, "Zacchaeus was a wee little man". It taught me that anyone, no matter his sin or type of life, could become a follower of Jesus. I'm thankful that Jesus taught us to love others and have forgiveness for others, even if they don't look or act just like us. Jesus is my Friend, my Mentor.

Thank you, Jesus for being my inspiration, my Savior. I'm so thankful I got to know you, Jesus, as a child and that I have grown in my faith through the years. Thank you for being there for me and for everyone whenever You are needed. You are my Rock and my Fortress. 

I'm thankful for You, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment