Monday, November 16, 2020

Thankful For Things I Take For Granted

I woke up early this morning and looked at my clock. It said 5:30 so I got up. Then I looked at my office clock and it said 4:00. That's a little earlier than usual for me to write my blog but I'm up so here we go. I wanted to share about things that we often overlook giving thanks for. One I'm not so thankful for right now is my alarm clock. Often when I set the alarm I mess up the clock and don't notice it at the time. Operator error.

There are plenty of other things I do want to give thanks for, things I often take for granted. I'm thankful for a house with heat. I'm so grateful for heat. I'm always cold so the blessing of heat is something I don't take for granted so often. Thank you God for my home and for heat. I'm also thankful for blankets and a warm bed to get into and out of every day. 

I'm thankful for toothbrushes and toothpaste that make my mouth feel clean. I'm thankful for the kitchen timer and the meat thermometer and the stove and microwave that make cooking easier and more efficient. I'm thankful for refrigerators and freezers that store food. I'm thankful for canned goods and frozen food that make cooking a breeze.

I'm thankful for hot showers and sinks where we can wash our hands. I'm thankful for washing machines and dryers and all the automatic gadgets that we use everyday, like our phones and remote controls for the TV. Thank you God for my computer. I'm so thankful that it works and gives me access to the whole wide world.

I'm so thankful for my home and my car and a thousand other little things that make my life so convenient and comfortable. Thank you, God for my life of blessings.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever, (Psalm 136:1-3a NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment