Monday, November 2, 2020

A Month of Thankfulness

 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his  faithfulness continues through all generations," (Psalm 100:4-5 NIV).

Good morning, November. It's a new month and we are off daylight savings time. Thank you for lighter mornings but shorter days. I'm ready for bed at 5:30 pm now. My goal for this new month is thankfulness. I want to give God praises all month long.

Today I'm thankful for warmer temperatures and beautiful sunshine, I'm thankful for the beautiful full moon last night and the night before. I'm thankful for the colorful leaves that remain and for the circles of leaves left under the trees. I'm thankful for warmth to plant bulbs and time to finish cleaning off the gardens.

I'm thankful it is time to get out the Thanksgiving decorations. It is time to remember the first Thanksgiving and the attitude of sharing and fellowship. Though our Thanksgiving may be smaller this year due to the pandemic and being cautious, we can still give thanks to God for all our blessings.

This month I'm going to take time to praise God for all His gifts in life and keep an attitude of thanksgiving in my heart and mind.

Thank you God for Your goodness and Your love and for Your faithfulness that continues through all generations. I give You praise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment