Monday, September 13, 2021

Don't be Scammed

Once again this week we received a scam phone call. The caller said we had charged $1,000 for earbuds on an Amazon order that would be arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure where the caller was going with his message because we didn't wait to find out. We've had calls from "social security" and from a deputy who warns to have a warrant for your arrest unless we pay...

I even had a scammer who convinced me there was something wrong with my computer that he needed to fix and I allowed him to connect to my computer before I realized that was wrong and disconnected him. Fortunately we haven't fallen for these scammers and trusted them enough to lose money to them.

The devil tries to scam us, too. He tries to convince us that it won't matter if we do this just this once...or tell this one lie...or cheat this one time...or so on. Oh yes, it does matter and the guilt we feel will tell us it was wrong. Fortunately, Jesus is bigger than any evil we face.

God sees us through all the evil if we repent and ask forgiveness with a convicted heart. Jesus took the fall for all of us. We just need to ask forgiveness and truly repent of our wrongs.

Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. but take heart! I have overcome the world,"(John 16:33 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment