Thursday, September 23, 2021

Wireless Connection

Nearly everyone owns a cell phone these days. You see them everywhere: on restaurant tables, in church, in cars, at ball games, walking down the street, even in the bathroom. To be honest our phones go with us everywhere except maybe the pool.

I'm not as connected to my phone as many. Mine sits on my desk most days. I take it with me if I leave home, that is, if I remember it. I use the camera on my phone almost as often as I use my Canon. The photo quality is just as good and my phone is easier to carry. 

I remember my husband's first portable phone was big and cumbersome but it was a real benefit to him when he was working as an on the road as a sales engineer of tooling. Without it he had to find a phone booth or car side phone to makes calls into the office or to answer phone calls when he was out on the road. I'm not sure you can even find a car side phone or a booth anywhere anymore.

I like a saying that is found on T-shirts: "Prayer is the original wireless connection." How true. God is always there, no matter how many bars you have or what kind of connection there is. We can go to Him any moment, and even safely in the car. God is always accessible, near, easily reached, without a busy signal and never a broken signal.

"Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer," (Psalm 6:8, 9 NIV).

Whenever you need God, He will hear your prayer. What a comfort! So let's put away our phones for a moment and talk to God. We will be blessed by our time in prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment