Thursday, September 2, 2021

I Was Hacked!

This week I was hacked. Someone sent out messages to almost everyone I am friends with on Facebook. I feel violated and I feel so bad that whoever did this betrayed my friendships. The message bothered all these people. Fortunately most knew the message wasn't something I would send. It makes me want to avoid Facebook completely.

I changed my password and hope for the best. Unfortunately there are some readers who won't realize my message is false and may try to open the link that was sent and be hacked themselves. I wish there was a way to prevent this from happening but changing my password to a secure one is the only way I know. 

Life is like this situation. Something happens that changes a relationship and there is anger between two people, maybe even distrust. Someone has to make the first move to correct and restore the relationship. The other person needs to be able to forgive and forget. In a good relationship, this happens rather quickly. In a poor relationship it may take time and even be difficult to resolve the problem.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 3:13b-14 NIV).

All I can do to correct the hacking incident is move forward after changing my password. I hope my Facebook friends will forgive the false messages. I will keep straining toward the glorious prize that awaits me in heaven.

May you have a blessed day without sign of a hacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment