Monday, September 6, 2021

The Blessing of Work

It is Labor Day and many of you workers have a delightful day off. I'm retired so my only real work is writing this blog. But, no, I don't get paid to write this. Ha. Ha. 

I remember how great it was to have a three-day weekend. There was finally time to relax after catching up on all the work around the house and yard. It felt good to go back to work with things accomplished for once. Life just gets too busy for workers sometimes. 

But, back to the topic of work. I hope each one of you love your job. That makes all the difference in the world if you have a job that you feel good about doing and enjoy. Life is too short to work at something you hate doing. 

I loved my job at the college writing news releases and feature stories about the success students had. There was much more to my work than that, but being able to tell the area folks about how much good was happening on the campus was delightful. I was passionate about telling good stories. 

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving," (Colossians 3:23-24 NIV).

God created each of us with a purpose for life. I'm thankful that writing was fulfilling to me, even now. I hope you get to do what God created you to do, also. May God bless you in your work.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment