Thursday, September 16, 2021

The Search

Yesterday we spent some time searching for something we don't use very often so I was unsure of its location. I knew where it should be, in the safe, but I didn't remember seeing it there recently. Sure enough after a thorough search I found the abstract in the safe. 

My husband wanted to know the exact boundary line as he plans to extend the flower bed by about three feet. He didn't find the information in a quick look through of the big document but after checking with our neighbor they agreed he wouldn't be turning over ground on the property line. 

Searching for something lost can be done in panic mode, especially if it is something valuable or important. I can't tell you how many times we've gone looking for John's phone. Thank goodness for being able to call the phone and have it ring. 

Jesus tells the Parable of the Lost Coin: "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents," (Luke 15:8-10 NIV).

What a blessing that God loves us so much that He celebrates over each one of us who is saved. We have such a Good Father. 

May you rejoice when you find each lost thing you are searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment