Thursday, May 5, 2022

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

I am always cold. We went to a track meet last night. It was 60 degrees, cloudy, and windy. I wore my long winter coat two layers of a sweatshirt and a long sleeved T-shirt, and one glove over my left hand. Plus a triple layer of quilt over my legs. Still I was cold.

Even in our warm house, if I am sitting I need a blanket over me. John even bought me an electric heated blanket with a heated place for my hands, but it is such a light blanket the rest of me gets cold. The way this spring is going I'll be wearing winter clothes and gloves until June.

"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease," (Genesis 8:22 NIV).

I am thankful for the seasons and all their changes. And I even like snow, but I just can't take the cold. Watching the runners last night in their shorts and tank tops made me even colder. Maybe it is old age, or maybe it is my thyroid issue, or something else but I just can't get warm. I can't wait for warm weather, even if it is so warm I complain about the heat. I'll take it over the cold any day.

May you always be warm and comfortable in the hands of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment