Monday, May 30, 2022

Remembering

We visited our family graves to place flowers on Friday. It is a tradition John and I have done since our parents died. We put flowers on our parents', my brother's, and our grandparents' graves. We noticed that there were many of our age folks out decorating graves but no younger folks. I wonder if younger families will continue this tradition when we are gone. 


We don't have service members to remember in our family but we honor those who have served and those who have died serving for our freedoms. I'm thankful for those who serve and those who have served and died fighting for our country. I have the greatest sense of pride in those individuals and I have deep respect for all who serve. 

Today is a day to remember all those who fought and were injured and those who fought and died and those who fought and came home. I think of those who served during peace times and were there and ready. I think of all those who served and returned with nightmares and live with the horrors of war that they saw. I pray for them.

Today we remember our loved ones that we miss so much. We remember special times with them; we remember who they were and how much we loved them and they loved us. May you be blessed for remembering today those you loved and those who served.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord," (Romans 8:38 NIV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment