Thursday, May 26, 2022

Need Wisdom?

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind," (James 1:5-6 NIV).

 I often find myself needing wisdom but to be honest, I forget to ask God. When I'm needing wisdom I most often turn to my husband for help. I'm so thankful I have him. 

I recently received an email telling me they had charged my account $799 for a purchase at Radio Shack. They wanted approval and were thanking me for my purchase (which I didn't make). I wasn't sure what to do so I asked my husband. I knew it was a scam but I wasn't sure what to do next. He read the email and noticed the date of purchase was May 24, 2021, first. Then we realized Radio Shacks went out of business several years ago. We tried calling the phone number listed but it disconnected right away. Ultimately, we decided not to do anything, that they were trying to get our account number.

Wisdom, comes from experiences, knowledge and level-headedness. And from God. I forget to ask God for wisdom when I need it. I will remember that it is God who provides wisdom when I ask for help but I must believe and not doubt. 

Thank you, God, for being our source of wisdom. Help me remember to turn to You when I have a problem or question that needs wisdom. I will not doubt Your answer or doubt that You will provide an answer to me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment