Thursday, May 12, 2022

Hope-filled Seed

I tried something new this year. I've always wanted zinnias because they are such bright flowers. But, I never had a place to plant them. So this year I filled my pots with soil and planted zinnia seed in them. With all the rain and heat we've had they sprouted right away. I am hopeful that by summer they will be ready to bloom.

It takes faith to plant a seed. Just like the farmers who plant fields of corn and beans, they must have faith that the seeds will come up and the plants will fill their fields.

I used to love watching the corn and beans come up in the fields near us in the country. The sudden appearance of rows in a field was such a happy sign.

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy carrying sheaves with him," (Psalm 126:5-6 NIV).

Plant your seeds with the hope of God's tender care. That the tiny seed you plant will sprout forth in life and become a plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment