Thursday, June 2, 2022

Answered Prayers

How many times have you prayed for something and your prayer was answered. I have a prayer journal that a friend gave me. I have recorded many of my prayers there and looking back, many have been answered. It is interesting to look back on the prayers I have written down. Some have been answered, others are still pending and I can say them again today because they are still relevant.

Jesus encountered a fig tree that was not producing figs and he told the tree, "May you never bear fruit again," and the tree withered. The disciples were amazed and asked, "How did the tree wither so quickly?"

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for I prayer," (Matthew 21:22 NIV). 

Every day I lift up my grandchildren and several friends who have struggles in their lives right now and I pray for them. I even use a prayer app on my phone that reminds me to pray for what I have written down. It helps me focus on those prayers that I feel are most important to me and worth repeating.

Though not all my prayers are answered the way I want, I know that God is hearing my prayers and touching the lives of those I pray for. All my prayers need to be in line with God's will. Jesus wasn't saying that we could literally move mountains, He was encouraging us to have faith and not doubt.

May your prayers be answered and your trust in God be great. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment