Monday, June 27, 2022

Our Strong Tower

I don't remember being scared by anything except a tornado, at least while I was an adult. We lived in a mobile home during the first 15 years of our marriage and I was constantly nervous about tornados or wind storms. We would make our way to my parents' house if we had warnings that were serious. Fortunately we never had an issue. 

We have gone to the basement several times since we lived in a house. Once was during the deratio here in Ankeny. Another storm hit us during the night and we lost nearly a hundred trees on our acreage but had no damage to our house. Storms can be scary. One thing I've always counted on is God. He has always been there for me when I was frightened. 

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe," (Proverbs 18:10 NIV). 

When I was a pre teen we had a bad storm hit our farm near State Center. Dad and I rode the flying linoleum after a window in the basement blew out, creating the exciting ride. We lost a barn and had damage to other out buildings and many trees that time. I was afraid but I felt safe with my dad there and my Heavenly Father.

I feel blessed that I've never had to fear for my life. I think of those in the Ukraine who face death nearly every day and I pray that they will turn to their strong tower, Jesus, and run to Him for safety. 

May you always feel safe and protected by our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment